Saturday, July 18, 2009

Jonathan's Funny

I have to get this story out before I forget it.

Yesterday I cleaned out the boys room and so the boys spent hours playing together in the living room. They were great for the first two hours or so. Then Aiden comes in and says, "Mom, Jonathan keeps destroying my Lego creation. I keep telling him to stop but he won't." So I said, "Ok, send Jonathan in." Jonathan comes in and tries to explain why he did it: "Aiden keeps taking all the Lego weapons and hides them from me and I don't have any." I say, "So that made you angry and you destroyed Aiden's creation." Jonathan says, "Yea, everything in me wanted to hurt his Lego, Mom. My brain wanted to, my hands wanted to, my eyes wanted to, everything except my skin wanted to Mom. My toenails?...(thinking)...oh yeah, my toenails didn't want to . Everything except my skin and my toenails wanted to Mom." I was already trying to hold in a giggle from the skin comment. The minute he said TOENAILS I couldn't hold it in anymore. He says, "What's so funny, Mom?" And of course I had to say that I was thinking of this thing that happened some other time...nothing to do with toenails, nope, nothing.

No comments: