Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Busy Birthday Weekend



It was a lovely weekend, full of wonderful memories.

Friday was Jonathan's preschool's Christmas show. He barely sang, bless his heart. But he sure looked cute as a sheep. He spent the first few songs looking for us. Then came the fun, upbeat songs. He spent that time laughing and dancing with his buddies.

He's a social butterfly, my Jonathan. It's a gift that I admire, but do not possess myself. So as I watch him, I'm thankful that the Lord has given him such a love for and ease around people. God's got big plans for that one.

Here's a picture of him with his new buddy, Silas. He reminds me of Aiden, so it's no wonder why these two became fast friends this year.

Saturday was m
y (Amy's) 30th birthday. It was perfect. We went to the Camarillo Christmas parade, a great small town style parade. The highlight was the appearance of Mrs. Kromka, Jonathan's teacher (see above picture) on one of their fire trucks. They actually collect fire trucks. They buy old ones and restore them. Super fun.

Later we had my mom, dad, and brother over for a small party. They had created a "This is Your Life" photo album of my entire life, mostly with pictures I've never seen before. Wow. What a treasure. They included all the most mem
orable times, and yes Carlee, you were in it too. Also, they had found old 8 mm film of baby Amy that not even they had ever seen before . Dad sent it to Costco and they put it on DVD. It was so fun to watch me at one and compare it with Abby and the others. Thanks so much, Mom and Dad!

My dear grandma sent some beautiful roses. Thank you, Abuela!


The Lord'
s Day was also busy and wonderful. After service and potluck lunch, my mom, Geneva, and I saw the Nutcracker, performed by a terrific youth ballet company in town. This was Geevie's first ballet and she was mesmerized. She did not move the entire 2 hour ballet! It was a fantastic performance. The highlight being the hilarious cooks, starring Faith Community's own McKenzie Souser! Great job, McKenzie!!







2 comments:

lmngirls said...

Amy, I just found your blog via the Edwards, I'll have to add it to my list! Happy Birthday! You're turning 30 and all done having babies when most people are just getting started! Now that you can take a breath, enjoy the fantastic moments ahead, watching them all grow up! Oh, and regarding your "don't read the bible" post, sounds like a chapter in the book, Passionate Housewives, Desperate for God, should check it out.
Christina

Carlee said...

Dying to see those Memories. I remain ever thankful that we have all those memories together, at least 20 years of them. And, although it's no longer houseboats and ski trips, I look forward to the next 20 also.